Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day for Little People



Casí llega el día de San Valentín. In my opinion, there has to be at least one other girl in the room in order to drum up any excitement whatsoever about this particular holiday. That's been my experience, at least. My male children, for their part, pretty much "flat line" whenever I mention making Valentine's Day cards.

The youngest boys need tarjetas for school, Pioneer Club and Sunday School. If I bother to do the math that's

(2 x 20) + (2 x 20) + (2 x 20)= (dos por veinte) más (dos por veinte) más (dos por veinte)= Son muchas!!!!

I love poetry, candy, flowers, hearts and all of the symbols associated with el día de San Valentín! Me encantan! Even globos de gas!
Two of my favorite poets who have written romantic poetry in Spanish are Pablo Neruda and Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer.

Below you'll find a video that I think is muy romántico, made for the Amaral song, "Resurrección" (the title does not intend to reference the Biblical use of this word).

The small dolls used in the video became so popular that the group took them on tour.

You might consider using dolls or puppets in your own oral presentations for Spanish class.



1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5k2XVKxznc

    I HAD to add "Me Muero" by Quinta Estación to the "Romantic Videos" list...check out this Mexican Lucha Libre-style Valentine :)

    (Note: the group is Spanish but they are very popular in Mexico, after one of their singles became the theme song for a popular telenovela)

    ReplyDelete