Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog Roll




I've assigned the following;

"find and follow a blog written by someone in a Spanish-speaking country for two to three weeks."

For Spanish 101, students may choose a blog written in English.
For Spanish 102, I recommend a blog written in both languages(or two, one in Spanish and one in English.)

I'm quite surprised to hear comments like "Help! I can't find a blog!"

I have the opposite problem. I am intrigued and inspired by several blogs that I follow regularly, using Google Reader (click on "Feed" or "RSS" to subscribe to a blog). Each time I follow a link to another blog or search around for a few minutes by way of Yahoo or Google, I find many, many more blogs that look interesting. I want to read them all.

Take today's catch, for example.
There's MotherJungle, written by an artist, single mother of a child with Down's Syndrome living in Costa Rica. Her blog features photos of the jungle, working-class people waiting in line for the bus, and
a nun walking along the sidewalk.

Travelojos has a more journalistic tone. Articles explore topics like technology and policy.

The Tranquilo Traveler is reporting about forest burning in Nicaragua.

Real people with authentic first-hand accounts of the people, places and happenings in Spanish-speaking countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment