Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just make some "noise"




I think it's safe to say that two of the principals behind Will Smith's success have been
1) his willingness to take risks
2) his work ethic

I admire his work, both on-stage and in the area of charitable giving. One of my favorite television performances was this appearance on the Spanish show "El Fary."



He discusses his latest film projects, Obama's election, and more. If you have time, you might watch the entire show on Youtube (my apologies for the quality of the video here).

Here you can see Will Smith "try" to sing in Spanish (by default, he can rap and make noises and make us laugh).

What I love about this is Will Smith's approach....his spirit...

C'mon now (admit it, you're NOT on television in front of thousands or millions of viewers and yet sometime you might feel hesitant or embarrassed)...just make some noise!

In this older video,Will Smith admits to not understanding Spanish...but he can speak "un poquito."

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud watching these videos. Last semester mi profesora started the very first class speaking in Spanish. I had never taken a Spanish class, knew nothing, and have never felt more disoriented! I actually broke out in a sweat from the anxiety of not understanding. Good job Will Smith!

    ReplyDelete